MVEMC began as early as 1934 through the Sunday School which met in the county school or community hall. The church building was built in 1953 with the first meeting of the church board of Mountain View on June 18, 1956.
For many years, leaders within the Missionary Church and the Evangelical Church in Canada worked toward a vision of working together in Canada. In August of 1993, in Calgary, the Evangelical Church in Canada and the Missionary Church of Canada celebrated the merger of a new but historically rich denomination, the Evangelical Missionary Church of Canada.
Mountain View Evangelical Missionary Church is a charter member of the Evangelical Missionary Church of Canada.